Unique Things to do in Pigeon Forge
Is it time for another family trip to the beautiful Smokies?! Are you counting down the days for vacation to officially start? We can’t wait to see you! We all need a few days away every once and a while to help rejuvenate ourselves again. Whether it’s your first time coming to see us or you’ve been coming here for years, we are sure that you will have one amazing and memorable trip that will definitely go down in the books. There are so many things to do that it can get a bit overwhelming to decide where to even start. We know lodging is always an important part of planning any vacation, so we wanted to help you out a bit there. Have you stayed in a condo before? How about giving us a try?! When you stay with us at Big Bear Resort, we offer beautiful and affordable two bedroom luxury condos for you all to relax at after a busy day out and about. With plenty of space for the entire family and plenty of on site amenities, we’re sure you’ll fall in love with our newest property. Kick up your feet and enjoy relaxing on your private balcony with an amazing mountain view surrounding you everywhere you look! While there are plenty of exciting things to do all along the parkway, sometimes I like to take a step off the beaten path, so to speak, and visit some of the hidden gems we have here in town. Let’s take a look at some of the Unique Things to do in Pigeon Forge!
- Parrot Mountain – This magical oasis is sure to become a new family favorite! From the second you arrive, the beautiful scenery is sure to take your breath away and you haven’t even gotten to see the birds yet. You will feel like you’re in a whole new world. The best part about this special mountain is that you actually get to interact with the birds! Walk through and get ready to see a bunch of english style cottages where all the birds with welcome you with singing, dancing, and even talking. You can even touch and feed some of them! They have so many gorgeous birds here like long tail starlings, macaws, cockatoos, and so many more. Don’t forget to talk a walk through the secret garden, we promise you won’t regret it! We hope you love this special spot as much as we do.
- Outdoor Gravity Park – I bet just the name alone of this attraction has already made you curious about it. Are you ready for an experience unlike anything you’ve ever done before?! Get ready to climb aboard the OGO, a ball that is made of plastic, and take a spin down their 1000 ft hill. Yes, you heard me correctly, you will be rolling down a hill for one of the most entertaining rides from beginning to end! Don’t you worry, there will be absolutely no tumbling, these were designed to give you a smooth and entertaining ride down three different courses. This is truly one of the most exciting attractions I’ve visited here, and I’m sure that every member of your party (that want to give it a go) will enjoy themselves! We hope this is number one on your list now.
- Bush’s Baked Beans Factory – When you stop by this special visitor’s center, you will be taken on a trip down memory lane to where Bush’s Baked Beans really started and became what it is today. You will get to see the original A.J. Bush & Co’s general store which was founded in 1897 while visiting this location. Here you will also find a cafe, museum, and even some theatre shows. We promise you won’t want to miss out on seeing this spot (and maybe even tasting some delicious baked beans while you’re at it!)
- Museum of Salt & Pepper Shakers – This is the only museum of it’s kind in the world, so you’ll definitely want to stop by and take a peek at it! You will get to see over 20,000 sets of shakers from all the world and they even have a Pepper Mill collection. It’s only a $3 admission fee, but that money is actually applied to any set of shakers available for purchase in their gift shop. This may end up becoming the most memorable place from your trip here.
- Arts & Crafts Community – This eight mile loop is sure to become a must visit every time you’re in town. Here you will see a wide range of artisans sharing their special and unique crafts with us all. If you’re looking for some one of a kind pieces to take home with you, this is just the place for you! From pottery and ceramics to stained glass and paintings, they truly have some of everything here. You can even see them making these incredible pieces on site like at Alewine Pottery (my favorite shop!) They also have some of the best restaurants around located here like the Wild Plum Tea Room (just the name alone makes me love this one) and Delauder’s BBQ (voted #4 out of 50 of the best bbq restaurants in the COUNTRY by yelp and Business Insider!) Definitely make sure to take a drive around this loop, we promise you’ll be stopping somewhere every five minutes because of the creativity you’ll see there.
- Forbidden Caverns – When my family came to visit us last year, this ended up being everyone’s favorite spot that we visited. Here you will be able to see natural formations, chimneys, grottos, and even a stream! Complete with handrails, lighting, and amazing tour guides, you will be fascinated by everything you see no matter which way you’re looking. Make sure to have your cameras ready to snap some photos of the beautiful sights that are waiting for you here. You won’t be able to believe what they have in store for you when you enter this spectacular cavern!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some really Unique Things to do in Pigeon Forge! We are sure that these will easily become some of your favorite things to do when you’re visiting the area. That’s truly what I love about our town, we have something exciting waiting for you at every corner that every member of the family is sure to enjoy. You couldn’t ask for a more family friendly vacation destination than the beautiful Smoky Mountains. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Family Vacation now and get ready to check out these special and Unique Things to do in Pigeon Forge! You can also give us a call at 1.865.325.2382 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to help you find the perfect condo for your stay! Don’t forget that you also get FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area as a thank you for booking with us. Also, make sure to take a peek at our Lodging Specials as well. Come and join our family here at Big Bear Resort, we would absolutely love to have you stay with us!