Best Mountain View Spots to Visit
Happy Spring everyone! Are you as excited as we are about the warmer weather, wildflowers beginning to bloom, and the greenery coming back? With every new season comes a new reason to take a little getaway with the family. Whether it’s Spring break, a three day weekend, or just simply a couple free days, we know we all just need a break. Have the mountains been calling your name? Do you miss those beautiful views everywhere you look? Have you never even seen the mountains before? I think that means it’s time to visit Pigeon Forge! Nestled amongst the beautiful Smoky Mountains, our town is full of charm, entertainment, and southern hospitality at every corner. Once you visit us one time, you never want to leave. We know that one of the most important parts of planning a getaway is finding an affordable, clean, and spacious place to stay. How about a resort that has some of the best views of the mountains that you can find without having to actually drive up to the top of one?! When you stay with us at Big Bear Resort, we offer beautiful two bedroom, two bath condos with a private balcony overlooking Bluff Mountain/Wears Valley. As a thank you for booking with us, we also offer FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, saving you up to $275 a day! We know that one of our favorite things to do is see the sights here, they can’t be beat. Let’s take a look at some of the Best Mountain View Spots to Visit!
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel – Located at the Island in Pigeon Forge, this enclosed ferris wheel is one of the best places in town to visit if you’re really wanting to see some gorgeous views. At 200 feet tall, you will get to see our amazing rolling hills in all their glory, it’ll feel like they’re stretching on for miles and miles! The all glass gondolas can seat up to eight people so you and the entire family can enjoy this one together. The best part of all is the gondolas are heated during the winter and colder days and air conditioned during the warmer months. This one stop shop also has shopping, attractions, and dining that we know you all will love. If you’re really wanting to see our beautiful Smokies, you won’t want to miss out visiting this spot when you come to town!
- Clingmans Dome – This is one of the most popular places to visit in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Not only is it the park’s highest point, but it’s also the highest point in Tenneessee! If it’s a clear day out, the views you can see here expand for over 100 miles, making it one of the most visited areas in the park. It’s one of the best places to go to see the sunrise and sunset. Although it does require walking up a steep trail that is half a mile in length, the views of our rolling hills truly do make up for it. There is also an observation tower located here that offers beautiful 360 degree views of the Smokies. Come and see what this special spot is all about when you get to town!
- Anakeesta – This new theme park, located at traffic light #6 in Gatlinburg, truly has some of the best scenic views around. From the moment you climb aboard their chondolas for your ride to the top, you’re immersed into the magical and stunning views of our mountains. Once you reach the top, you’re greeted by majestic views of Mt. Leconte for as far as the eye can see. They’re also building a restaurant up there that will offer an amazing dine with a view quality as well as a sunset pavilion. We can guarantee that the views from the sunset alone will take your breath away and will become the main reason why you visit this spectacular new destination whenever you’re in town! They will also be building a new mountain coaster, zipline course, and garden walk. This is one of the most family friendly amusement parks in the area and we are sure that your entire party will love it here from beginning to end!
- Ober Gatlinburg – This amusement park offers a unique experience from the second you arrive at their lobby at traffic light #9 in Gatlinburg. They have an Aerial Tramway that takes you to the top of Ski Mountain where the amusement park itself is located at. The seven minute ride to the top on the tram offers such a unique and beautiful experience when it comes to seeing our rolling hills at a more up close and personal view, so to speak. Once you arrive at the top of the mountain, they also have a Scenic Chairlift that I love to ride when it’s later on in the evening. You can see the sun beginning to set over the mountains, it’s one of my favorite times of the day and one I’m sure you all will love getting to see while you’re here. This is the best chairlift in the area in my humble opinion and one that I can promise you won’t see to miss if you want to see some absolutely stunning views!
- Gatlinburg Space Needle – Located at traffic light #8, this 407’ observation tower is one of the best places to visit if you’re looking for a panoramic 360 degree view of the Smoky Mountains. Climb aboard their comfortable glass elevators and ride over 400’ to their very own observation deck and get ready for the magic of the mountains to take over no matter where you look. Here you can also find some exhibits that will tell you all about the history of the Smokies. Make sure to add this to your must-do list, you won’t be disappointed when you see the views!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some of the Best Mountain View Spots to Visit! While there are so many other incredible places to visit and trails to hike, we think we summed up some of the best destinations that you won’t want to miss when you’re in town. You can’t pick a more beautiful area to visit than this one if you’re looking for a fun time while you’re out experiencing the views firsthand. We know you will be making so many incredible memories together while you’re here that you all will remember forever. The Smokies just have that magical effect on us all. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Vacation now or give us a call at 1.865.325.2382 and one of your friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay! Make sure to also take a peek at our Lodging Discounts. Come and join our family here at Big Bear Resort, we would love to have you! Be sure to let us know what you think about some of the Best Mountain View Spots to Visit that we mentioned here. If you’re looking for some Family Fun in Pigeon Forge ideas, make sure to check out this previous blog post!