Family Fun in Pigeon Forge
Are you in middle of planning your next family vacation and the area you want to visit is still in the “to be determined” status? What if I told you there’s a place that has fun waiting for you at every corner whether it’s attractions, shows, shopping, dining, or anything else you may be looking for! Are you getting excited? I think that means you need to give Pigeon Forge a try! Nestled inside of the beautiful Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas welcome millions of visitors here from all over the world each year. What makes this area so desired? Well, we are always constantly growing and changing so no one vacation is ever the same as the last. This is one of the most family friendly vacation spots that you can find and many families can be here within one day of driving! Now you just need to find a comfortable and spacious place to stay with your loved ones. Have you ever tried staying in a condo? We promise you may never want to go back to anything else once you do! When you stay with us here at Big Bear Resort, we offer gorgeous two bedroom condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking Bluff Mountain. You’re getting some of the best views around and you don’t even have to leave your unit for them! Another perk of staying with us is that you get FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, saving you $275 a day. You can also get a free dinner and drink at Mama’s Farmhouse, you will love this place because the food is absolutely delicious (the biscuits speak for themselves, trust us!) So what kind of things are there to do around our town? I’m really glad you asked. Let’s take a look at all the Family Fun in Pigeon Forge!
- Goats on the Roof – The best part about this spot is that it’s located near our property, so you don’t even have to venture far to get some real entertainment! Here you will find gem mining, an amazing mountain coaster, a sweet shop, and the Goat Store (where you’re bound to pick up plenty of goodies to take home with you.) Once you’ve finished mining and getting an adrenaline rush, don’t forget to grab an ice cream cone and enjoy it on their authentic amish rocking chairs. Another special thing to do here is to get a can of goat food and hop onto their “goat-cycle” which allows you to send the food up to the roof, so their hungry residents can enjoy their afternoon bite (thanks to you!) You’ll want to have your camera ready for this one.
- The Island – This one stop shop is also located near our resort, so you can be there in no time at all. Here you will find attractions, shopping, dining, and free entertainment! There’s a ropes course, escape room, arcade, gem mining, mirror maze, bumper cars, and plenty more for you and the entire family to enjoy. They also have The Wheel, a fan favorite. Climb aboard your enclosed gondola and prepare to rise up to 200 feet and see the best views of the Smokies around! They also have a Show Fountain where you can see lights and water dance around to a choreographed set of fun songs that everyone will want to dance along with. Don’t forget to also stop by Ole Smoky Moonshine and hear some complimentary bluegrass music almost every hour on the hour! You could spend an entire day here and that’s why you can’t beat this spot.
- The Track – If you’re really looking for some fun family fun, this is the place to go! Here you can find the Wild Woody, one of my favorite go karting tracks in the area. There’s also a family track and even a rookies one. Let the fun family rivalry begin! You can also find blaster and bumper boats, mini golf, an arcade, and SkyFlyer (where you can feel like you’re actually skydiving!) Everyone in your party, no matter the age, will have an amazing time here from beginning to end. When my family came to visit last year, I took them here and everyone loved it!
- Wonderworks – We can guarantee that you all will love this indoor amusement park! With over 100 hands on exhibits, lazer-tag, and six wonder zones for you to enjoy, the fun just won’t stop here and you won’t want to leave. Get ready for six of the best rooms full of entertainment that you’ll experience while you’re here in Pigeon Forge. There’s the natural disasters, physical challenge, light and sound, space discovery, imagination lab, and the far out art gallery, which zone will you want to stay in the longest? My favorite part of this incredible attraction is their indoor ropes course! My family and I honestly spent two hours here, the course just keeps going higher and higher, we loved it and I’m sure you will too! Don’t forget to pick up your tickets at the front desk for a reduced price.
- Outdoor Gravity Park – We cannot be held responsible if you and the family never want to leave this park! Here you get to climb aboard the OGO, a ball that is made out of plastic, and get ready to roll down the 1000 ft hill located on site. Come on, this is just a dream come true for us all! Best part of all? There is absolutely no tumbling, these were designed to make sure to give you a nice and smooth ride down your choice of three courses while still having more fun than you could ever imagine having. We can guarantee that once you reach the bottom, you’ll all be saying “I want to go again!”
- Dollywood – We all know this wouldn’t be a family vacation to Pigeon Forge if you don’t visit the park that really helped to put us on the map! Here you will find something for everyone, whether it’s thrill, kiddie, or water rides. We also can’t forget about all the incredible roller coasters like the Lightning Rod! My actual favorite part of this park is the shows and 2018 is shaping up to be one incredible year at this beloved park. They’re calling it the “Season of Showstoppers” and when the doors open on March 17th, we’ll be greeted by the brand new Festival of Nations! Featuring entertainment from different cultures from all over the world, this is bound to become a new favorite for us all. Don’t forget about all the shopping you can also do here. We promise that you will fall in love this this park.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some of the best places to visit for some Family Fun in Pigeon Forge! While there are still so many other entertaining places to visit like the Titanic Museum and the Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies (that you get a free ticket for), we still made sure to sum up some of our absolute favorites that we don’t want you to miss. You truly can’t beat this area if you’re looking for one fun filled family vacation, with beautiful views to go along with it! Spring is finally on its way, so we’re sure you’re all ready for a getaway. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Family Vacation now. We know that you won’t want to miss out on all the Family Fun in Pigeon Forge! Come and join our family at Big Bear Resort, we would love to have you! And if you’re interested in a few more family things to do, check out our prior post about Family Friendly Fun in Pigeon Forge.