Pigeon Forge Outdoor Activities
Spring is officially here and I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t be more excited about it! I’m ready for the sunshine, warm weather, and being able to spend a day (or two) outside. With every change of the season comes a new and exciting reason to plan a trip to come and see us again in Pigeon Forge. Is it time for Spring Break? Have you been counting down the days for it to begin? Do you have a weekend off from work? No matter what the reason is, the mountains are calling your name and it’s time to answer! There are so many places to go and things to see here, that you are sure to have one amazing getaway from beginning to end. When you stay with us here at Big Bear Resort, we offer affordable luxury two bedroom condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking the Wears Valley and Townsend area! Get ready to experience the magic of the mountains by just simply going out on your balcony. We can guarantee that everyone will love getting to have their own space and you’ll have that feeling of home even though you’re away. Another perk of Vacationing Better with us is that we have a FREE TICKETS program to numerous shows and attractions in the area for you to take advantage of! Now that the sun will be shining here, we’re sure that you’re going to want to spend as much time outside as you can. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite Pigeon Forge Outdoor Activities!
- Gold Rush Stables – If you’re looking to get outside for a bit, I suggest giving this place a try. I have loved horseback riding since I was kid, and they are truly one of the best around. They offer a 2 ½ mile trail that will take you about an hour to finish. They actually offer five different trails to choose from that accommodate all levels of experience. What’s special about this particular location is that they also have carriage rides! Whether you’re celebrating a special event like a wedding or anniversary, or just simply looking to take a ride together as a family, they have you covered with this one. Don’t forget to pick up one of the coupons we offer for them at the front desk. It’ll get you one free trail ride with every reservation!
- Dubby’s Adventure Park Ziplines – Would you like to get to see some of the most unique views of the Smokies as you fly through a course full of nothing but fun and adventure? This is just the place for you! This 70 acre nature park offers nine different lines that range from 450 to over 2,000 feet high. If you’re looking for a real adrenaline rush, they will deliver that and more. This is truly fun for almost all ages! Are you feeling extra rebellious? How about you try one of their zips at night?! Feel that crisp mountain air hit your face as you fly through the air in what’s sure to be a fun adventure from the moment you take off. We can guarantee that you all will love it here! It’s located across from Tanger Outlets.
- Dollywood – Now we all know it isn’t a vacation to Pigeon Forge if we don’t visit this beloved park. 2018 is shaping up to be a big year for the Dollywood Company, so much so that they’re calling it the “Season of Showstoppers!” Get ready for brand new events like the Festival of Nations and world class entertainment from all over the world! Complete with all your favorite rides, and even some new ones coming like Daredevil Falls, a day at this special family park will be amazing from beginning to end. Don’t forget to check out all the shows, they’re my favorite part of the entire park! We sell discounted tickets at the front desk as well and we’ll even print them out for you, so you can save a line and a few dollars!
- Bluff Mountain Adventures – Are you ready to experience the mountains like you never have before?! I think that means it’s time for you to go and take a ride on the bluff! Here you will find guided ATV rides that span over 6,000 acres throughout the Smoky Mountain trails. If you’re looking to see some of the best views around and have an extremely exciting time while doing so, you will want to add this to your list! You’ll climb up the mountain, venture through beautiful streams, fly through some rugged terrain, and see the Smokies and all their glory up close and personal. Sounds like a good time to me, where do I sign up?! We are sure that you all will have an amazing time here, so don’t forget to check it out while you’re here.
- The Island – This one stop shop has it all and then some. If you’re looking for fun attractions, dining, and shopping, and all in one place, then you will absolutely love it here! They have an outdoor ropes course, escape game, mirror maze, bumper cars, and so much more. If you’re looking for unique shops that have everything from puzzles to comic book collectibles, this is just the place for you. This is also where you can find the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel that will let you experience seeing some of the most incredible views around! You can also find free entertainment here from their Show Fountain to complimentary bluegrass music at Ole Smoky Moonshine. We’re sure that this will become a must-do every single time you’re in town!
- Outdoor Gravity Park – Are you ready for a truly one of a kind adventure? You and the family are sure to love this one, it’ll have you talking about it for years to come. Climb aboard your OGO, a plastic ball, that is designed with you in mind. That means that there is absolutely no tumbling, these were designed to give you a smooth yet fun ride. Choose from three different courses and get ready to roll down the 1000 ft hill! We can guarantee that there will be a smile on your face from beginning to end. This might even become your favorite attraction here in Pigeon Forge!
We hope you enjoyed this look at some amazing Pigeon Forge Outdoor Activities! We know there are so many other exciting things to do during the warmer months (like hiking of course) but we decided to narrow it down to a few unique adventures for the whole family. This is what makes our town so special, you’re able to create unforgettable memories with your family and that’s all we could ask for on a fun filled vacation! Once you visit us for the first time, you’ll never want to leave. This is why we’ve become such a staple for so many visitors from all over the world. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Vacation now and get ready to try out some of these Pigeon Forge Outdoor Activities while you’re visiting. Come and join our family here at Big Bear Resort, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to also check out our blog about Family Friendly Fun in Pigeon Forge!